Mike, Megan and Luke!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Babymoon!



Mike and I went on one. It was just an overnighter but was so great. Mike told me two days before to make sure I keep Sunday and Monday clear. He doesn’t have practice on Sundays and Monday he scheduled a late one. He wouldn’t tell me where we were going. It ended up being the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn. Picture above. After getting a little lost on the way there, we approached the hotel which was BEAUtiful!!!

We had such a great time on our last vacation as a single couple without child. :) We shopped in downtown Sonoma, did some wine tasting, ate good food and we had such a romantic hotel room! We even got to got in our morning walk Monday morning around Sonoma. The best part of the hotel room was the fireplace. They would bring up these “bags of wood” and all you had to do was put the bag in the fire, light a match and it became a perfect crackling fire! Mike was so cute, everytime he made the fire, he was so proud of it like he had chopped the wood and made the fire himself. :)
There was also a really nice spa at the hotel. We didn’t get any spa treatments though. We had planned on getting a couples massage, but for almost $400, I couldn’t do it in good conscience. (sp?) Hey, we need a rocking chair for the baby’s room! I do love my husband so much for being so thoughtful and taking me on this trip.

Here's the token pic of Mike and I taking a picture of ourselves because we don't want to ask anyone to do it for us...


Fireplace in our room with "bag of fire"...


Our room


So strange to think that our next vacation together will either involve a babysitter or little Luke himself!

1 comment:

Mrs. Lindsay Stark said...

very cute, fun and romantic!