Mike, Megan and Luke!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving- Part I


Thanksgiving has to be one of my favorite holidays. First off, teachers get a week off of school which is absolutely fantastic. Second, has definitely got to be the food! Especially for a pregnant person. My Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Frank hosted our Thanksgiving dinner this year. Mike’s whole family is in Disneyland so we were over at my Aunt and Uncle’s the whole day. We started the day with a tradition Mike started two years ago. Pumpkin pie for breakfast. Then we went for a walk and over to Starbucks for a coffee. After that we did nothing. I mean nothing, we lounged on the couch, watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and football and basketball games. At one point, I went into our room and actually watched this movie.
It was one of my favorites as a kid. Sometimes I can’t believe the movies I watched over and over as a kid, I seriously think I watched this one 100 times. I don't think I ever really understood it though (I know it's so deep!) but there are a LOT of innuendos in it. I didn’t even know that the actress was Kim Cattrall!

Then we went to Concord to my Uncle Frank’s house. It was quite a different atmosphere this year. Lots of babies! Kristen and Chris brought their kids, Molly and Brady and my brother and Alix brought Ayla. It was so fun, I can’t wait for Luke to be able to play with all of his cousins! The meal was amazing as usual. My Aunt Phyllis is a great cook, we had Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, baked potatoes, baked ziti, broccoli, corn, salad and lots more. My cousin, Kristen made a white chocolate cake and chocolate pecan candy. Needless to say, we all wanted to explode after dinner. I think I was even fuller than usual since Luke takes up the majority of my stomach. I think I made him grow and gain lots of weight yesterday though because I have never felt him move as much as I did last night. I guess that’s a good thing!
Here are some pics from the festivities.

Papa and Ayla

Auntie Meg and Ayla (please pay special attention to her outfit, yes she is wearing a cranberry colored tutu and matching bow!)

Ayla and her cousin, Brady.

Daddy and Ayla

No comments: